Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Computer Scratch Solution

 

The first day I brought my new computer home my little beloved nephew took a sharp pencil to it. After discovering a scratched-up computer, I decided that I had to let my imagination do its job. I worked to find something to solve my dilemma. Ideas linked together, and soon everything was in place to create!
After measuring out the case pieces, I began planning frill! I looked through my fabric scraps basket and picked out some bright patterned florals. I decided to use a look I created a few years back for a signature design. The "detached rose" had come to me while I was painting on our porch one hot summer noon. I'd been looking for an opportunity to use it. So, why not for a computer case? Unique? Sure! But, fun!



 I appliqued everything together! Then stitched it all up.



I couldn't let the cute little HP light hide, so I opened up a circle for it to show off through.



And...we can never forget the lining! A fun surprise! Neat material, aye?

It works pretty well!:)


Note: 
This lap-top cover was designed only to be on when my computer  is off. This ensures that it doesn't overheat.


No comments:

Post a Comment